Friday, July 16, 2010

A new beginning

I have had two blogspot blogs in the past, oh high school and freshman year of college...

Recently I have found myself following several bloggers, www.jimonlight.com, http://thejoyoflifems.blogspot.com/, http://beardandbock.blogspot.com/ all of whom are dear friends of mine. It got me thinking, why not start up a new blog, nothing much about me, or my life, but more my designs, fun fascinations, and other's art work and life lessons...
I'll update here and there, but expect nothing daily, sometimes even weekly might be a stretch due to shows and work...
For my first post I thought I'd share some photos of previous productions I've designed or help create...
This photo is from a dance concert I designed lights for many years ago... The Choreographer, Heather, is a dear friend of mine who always told such elegant stories in her dances I tried my hardest to help convey those through the lighting as well.

A model of a unrealized scenic and lighting design I did for the musical Into the Woods


The set of A Street Car Named Desire in which I was the Master Carpenter for


A set for the world premier of Hummingbirds for which I designed and was scenic charge of. I owe a lot to many people who helped me paint my set which contained roughly 30 famous impressionistic painting recreations across a 24'x28' oval.

Light plot for a production of The Diviners.















A production photo during the beginnings of a storm.

Another production photo from the show.

This production actually won me an award at KCACTF [Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival] which is a national institution for the growth of theatre. I won runner up for lighting design for Region 5 [the majority of the midwest and part of the "west coast" area.

Well folks, it's been fun and all, but this has been written during two productions tonight between shifts, and now it's time for sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment